Magnetism and Superconductivity Research Laboratory
Deepak K. Singh (Principal Investigator)
Ph.D.: University of Massachusetts, Amherst (Advisor - Prof. Mark Tuominen)
Postdoc: MIT, Cambridge (Advisor - Prof. Young Lee)
Ph.: (573) 882-7024, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Physics, University of Missouri, Columbia
- Macroscopic investigation of large throughput artificial magnetic honeycomb lattice
- Investigation of topological phases in geometrically frustrated systems of bulk and nanoengineered materials
- Understanding the role of magnetism in metal-insulator transition and associated quantum fluctuation in disorder induced artificial spin-1/2 in perovskite
Experimental and Analytical Resources
- Synthesis and Characterization of Bulk Materials: four-lamp optical floating zone furnace, high temperature furnaces, Siemmens D-500 powder X-ray diffractometer; HRTEM (on campus) is also accessible via Electron Microscopy Core Facility.
- Fabrication and Characterization of Nanostructured Materials: fume hood, spin-coater, temperature controlled ultrasonic bath unit, high temperature vacuum oven, KJL PVD-75 electron-beam evaporator, reactive ion etching system, AFM. FESEM, SEM and HRTEM are available on campus through Electron Microscopy Core (EMC) Facility.
- Measurements and Analysis: SQUID magnetometer, a closed cycle refrigerator based 9T system (with lowest accessible temperature of 1.5 K) for electrical and Hall probe measurements, four computer stations equipped with MATLAB, IGOR, MS Office suit, LABVIEW and LaTex softwares.
- Detailed neutron scattering measurements to understand structural and magnetic properties of in-house synthesized samples at the Missouri University Research Reactor (MURR). Some of the available instrumentations at MURR are: Triple-axis spectrometer, Multi-detector powder diffractometer and Reflectometer.
Few Selected Publications
- Quantum continuum fluctuation in glassy perovskite Ca(Co0.15Ru0.85)O3, Y. Chen, A. Dahal, J. Rodriguez, L. Harriger, T. Heitmann,
V. Dugaev, A. Ernst, D. J. Singh and D. K. Singh, (Under review, 2018); Manuscript available upon request.
- Magnetic diode behavior at room temperature in two dimensional honeycomb, B. Summers, A. Dahal and D. K. Singh, Advanced Electronic Materials (in press, 2018)
- Quantum magnetic propertin in perovskite with Anderson localized artificial spin-1/2, J. Gunasekera, A. Dahal, Y. Chen, J. Rodriguez, L. Harriger, S. Thomas, T. Heitmann, V. Dugaev, A. Ernst and D. K. Singh, Advanced Science (in press, 2018).
- Spin solid versus magnetic charge ordered state in artificial honeycomb lattice of connected elements, A. Glavic, B. Summers, A. Dahal,J. Kline, A. Van Herck, A. Sukhov, A. Ernst and D. K. Singh, Advanced Science 2018, 1700856.
- Temperature dependent magnetism in artifiical honeycomb lattice of connected elements, B. Summers, L. Debeer-Schmitt, A. Dahal, A. Glavic, P. Kampshroeder, J. Gunasekera and D. K. Singh, Phys. Rev. B 97, 014401 (2018).
- Topological magnon bands in a kagome lattice ferromagnet, R. Chisnell, J. S. Helton, D. E. Freedman, D. K. Singh, R. I. Bewley, D. G. Nocera, and Y. S. Lee, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 147201 (2015).
- Ferro-orbital ordering transition in iron telluride Fe(1+y)Te(y=0.09), D. Fobes, I. A. Zaliznyak, Z. Xu, R. Zhong, G. Gu, J. M. Tranquada, L. Harriger, D. K. Singh, V. O. Garlea, M. Lumsden and B. Winn, Physical Review Letter 112, 187202 (2014).
- Spin-stripe density varies linearly with hole content in single-layer Bi2201, M. Enoki, M. Fujita, T. Nishizaki, D. K. Singh, S. Chang, J. M. Tranquada and K. Yamada, Physical Review Letter 110, 017004 (2013)
- Nonconventional spin glass transition in a chemically ordered pyrochlore, D. K. Singh and Y. S. Lee, Physical Review Letter 109, 247201 (2012).
- Field-induced quantum fluctuations in the heavy fermion superconductor CeCu2Ge2, D. K. Singh, A. Thamizhavel, J. W. Lynn, S. K. Dhar, J. Rodriguez and T. Herman, Scientific Reports 1, 117; DOI:10.1038/SREP00117 (2011).
See full publication list