University of Missouri
University of Missouri
202 Mathematical Sciences Building
Columbia, MO 65211
- Asymptotic Convex Geometry
- Geometric Functional Analysis
- High-dimensional Probability
- Concentration of measure
- Probabilistic Methods in Analysis and Geometry
My work is supported in part by the National Science Foundation Grant DMS - 1612936
- Current teaching at MU.
- Math 8208: Topics in Functional Analysis (graduate, Spring 2017)
- Math 4100/7100: Differential Equations (Fall 2016)
- Math 2320: Discrete Math Structures (Spring 2016, Spring 2017)
- Math 2300: Calculus III (Spring 2016, Fall 2017)
- Math 1700: Calculus II (Fall 2015)
- Past teaching at Texas A&M.
- Math 151: Calculus I (Spring 2014, Fall 2014)
- Math 251: Calculus III (Fall 2012, Fall 2013, Spring 2015)
- Math 304: Linear Algebra (Spring 2013)
- Math 311: Topics in Applied Mathematics I (Summer 2014)
- Math 411: Mathematical Probability (Summer 2015)
- Lecture Notes.
- Real Analysis: Metric Spaces, University of Athens (2009). pdf
Publications and preprints
- On the existence of subgaussian directions for log-concave measures (with A. Giannopoulos and G. Paouris), Contemporary Mathematics 545 (2011), 103-122. pdf
- Psi(a)-estimates for marginals of log-concave probability measures (with A. Giannopoulos and G. Paouris), Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 140, no. 4 (2012), 1297-1308. pdf
- On the distribution of Psi(2)-norm of linear functionals on isotropic convex bodies (with A. Giannopoulos and G. Paouris), Geometric Aspects of Functional Analysis, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 2050 (2012), 227-253. pdf
- Distances between classical positions of centrally symmetric convex bodies (with E. Markessinis), Houston Journal of Mathematics 41 (2015), 187-211. pdf
- On the geometry of log-concave probability measures with bounded log-Sobolev constant (with P. Stavrakakis), Proceedings of the Asymptotic Geometric Analysis Programme, Fields Institute Communications 68 (2013), 359-380. pdf
- Neighborhoods on the Grassmannian of marginals with bounded isotropic constant (with G. Paouris), Journal of Functional Analysis 267 (2014), 3427-3443. pdf
- Random version of Dvoretzky’s theorem in ell_p^n (with G. Paouris and J. Zinn), Stochastic Processes and their Applications 127 (2017), 3187-3227. pdf
- On Dvoretzky’s theorem for subspaces of L_p (with G. Paouris), preprint. pdf
- Inequalities for the surface area of projections of convex bodies (with A. Giannopoulos and A. Koldobsky), Canadian Journal of Mathematics (to appear). pdf
- A Gaussian small deviation inequality for convex functions (with G. Paouris), Annals of Probability (to appear). pdf
- On a quantitative reversal of Alexandrov’s inequality (with G. Paouris and P. Pivovarov), Transactions of the American Mathematical Society (to appear). pdf
- Variance estimates and almost Euclidean structure (with G. Paouris), Advances in Geometry (to appear). pdf
- On the tightness of Gaussian concentration for convex functions, Journal d’Analyse Mathématique (to appear). pdf
- Dichotomies, structure, and concentration results (with G. Paouris), preprint.
- Gaussian convex bodies: a non-asymptotic approach (with G. Paouris and P. Pivovarov), Zapiski Nauchnych Seminarov POMI 457 (2017), 286-316.
Geometry of isotropic convex bodies (with S. Brazitikos, A. Giannopoulos and B-H. Vritsiou) Mathematical Surveys and Monographs 196, Amer. Math. Soc. (2014) AMS