Awards, Honors and Recognition
- Coulter Award, University of Missouri Coulter Translational Partnership Program, 2018
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Sciences (AAAS), 2015–
- Certificate of Appreciation (for Service as K-15 Committee Chair), ASME Heat Transfer Division, 2014
- James C. Dowell Professorship, College of Engineering, University of Missouri, 2012–2018
- Certificate of Distinguished Service, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2011
- Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Research and Creative Activity, University of Missouri, 2010
- Senior Faculty Research Award, College of Engineering, University of Missouri, 2010
- Associate Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2008–
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2007–
- Faculty Fellowship, College of Engineering, University of Missouri, 2007–2012
- Computational Research Award, Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, New Mexico State University, 2003
- Young Investigator Award, Office of Naval Research (ONR), 2002
- Faghri, A., and Zhang, Y., Fundamentals of Multiphase Heat Transfer and Flow, ISBN 978-3-030-22136-2, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2020.
- Zhang, Y., Heat Pipes: Design, Applications and Technology, ISBN: 978-1-53613-908-2, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., Hauppauge, NY, 2018.
- Zhang, Y., and He, Y.L., Multiscale Thermal Transport in Energy Systems, ISBN: 978-1-63485-692-8, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., Hauppauge, NY, 2016.
- Zhang, Y., Femtosecond Lasers: New Research, ISBN: 978-1-62948-059-6, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., Hauppauge, NY, 2013.
- Zhang, Y., Nanofluids: Research, Development and Applications, ISBN: 978-1-62618-165-6, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., Hauppauge, NY, 2013.
- Faghri, A., Zhang, Y., and Howell, J. R., Advanced Heat and Mass Transfer, ISBN: 978-0-9842760-0-4, Global Digital Press, Columbia, MO, 2010.
- Faghri, A., and Zhang, Y., Transport Phenomena in Multiphase Systems, ISBN: 978-0-12-370610-2, Elsevier, Burlington, MA, 2006.
Recent Professional Services
- Associate Editor, ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, 2017–
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, Frontiers in Heat and Mass Transfer (FHMT), 2010–
- Congress Co-Chair, the 6th World Congress on Mechanical, Chemical, and Material Engineering (MCM'20), Prague, Czech Republic, August 16-18, 2020.
- Technical Program Chair for Heat Transfer Division (HTD), ASME 2019 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Salt Lake City, UT, Nov 8–14, 2019.
- Member of Scientific Committee, the 6th International Conference on Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow (HTFF), Lisbon, Portugal, Aug 16–18, 2019.
- Organizing Committee Member, the 7th International Conference on Green Energy, Green Engineering and Technology (Green Technologies 2018), Berlin, Germany, Sep 20–21, 2018.
Citations and Profiles