Kathryn Fishman-Weaver, Ph.D.
Director of Academic Affairs and Engagement
Mizzou K-12 | A Global School District
University of Missouri High School & Middle School
University of Missouri, College of Education
University of Missouri : Ph.D., Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis (Emphasis: PK-12 Educational Leadership)
Degree Awarded: December 2015
Dissertation:Wholehearted Affective Education: A Feminist Framework for Cultivating Courage, Connection, and Self-Care in the College Transition
Research Interests: School leadership, gender and education, alternative service delivery models, and teacher education.
San Francisco State University : Masters in K-12 Special Education
Degree Awarded: May 2009 (GPA: 4.0, Graduated with Departmental Honors)
Master's Thesis: Tutoring as an Intervention for the Tutor: Leadership Models for At-Risk Students
University of Missouri : Bachelors of Science in Sociology (Minors in English Writing and Women and Gender Studies)
Degree Awarded: May 2004 (GPA: 3.8, Graduated cum laude with an honor's certificate, departmental honors and initiation into Phi Beta Kappa)
Received numerous University scholarships and awards
Honor's Thesis: The Politics of Image Control: An Investigation of College Women's Experiences
Educational Honors and Awards
- Society for Educating Women, Susan Laird Inquiry on Educating Women Award, November 2014
- United States Department of Education, Distinguished Teacher, Presidential Scholars Program May 2014
- United States Department of Education, Nominated for the Presidential Scholars Teacher Recognition Program, Twice Spring 2012 and three times in Spring 2014
- Stanford University, Award for Exceptional Teaching, Fall 2014
- University of Missouri, Neil C. Aslin Memorial Scholarship for Educational Leadership Fall 2014-Spring 2015
- University of Missouri, 1st place in the Social Sciences (Qualitative) category at the Research and Creative Arts Forum (RCAF), a graduate interdisciplinary research competition. Winter 2014
- University of Missouri, The Jerry W. Valentine Fellowship for the doctoral study of school leadership, Fall 2013-Spring 2014
- Missouri Scholars Teacher Appreciation Award, by student nomination, June 2013
- University of Missouri, Featured Graduate Student, College of Education, June 2013
- University of Missouri Honor's College, Outstanding Teacher Recognition, October 2010
- Rock Bridge High School, "Bruin of my life" award, by nomination of 20+ students, Fall 2013
Higher Education, Related Professional Experiences
- Director of Academic Affairs and Engagement
- Mizzou K-12 | University of Missouri High School & Middle School
- 6,800+ students from 100+ countries
- University of Missouri, College of Education
- Fall 2015-Present
- SPECIAL PROJECT: Lead Administrator and Curriculum Developer for Middle
School Global Leaders (MSGL)
- MSGL offers an interdisciplinary problem-based approach to middle school education. This program encourages students to see themselves as agents of change. Built on a belief that students are the global leaders of tomorrow, MSGL equips young-people with 21st-century skills including collaboration, critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving. As an English immersion program, MSGL also offers continued language development across reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The MSGL team puts our hope in young people and looks forward to the world they will lead.
- Year One Enrollment (January 2017)- 900+ international students
- Year Two Enrollment (January 2018) 1500+ international students
- Adjunct Professor, 2016- present
- University of Missouri
- College of Education and Honors College
- 2040 Learning Teaching and Curriculum: Inquiring into Schools, Community and Society I
1030 Honors College: Making Waves (Storytelling for Social Justice)
- Instructor, 2013-2015
- University of Missouri
- College of Education
- 1100 LTC: Orientation to Teaching
2040 LTC: Introduction to Schools, Community and Society I
- Graduate Research Assistant, 2013-2015
- University of Missouri
- Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
- High School Student Internship Coordinator, 2011-2015
- Rock Bridge High School, Columbia MO
- College Planning Advisor for Gifted Students, 2011-2015
- Rock Bridge High School, Columbia MO
- New Teacher Instructor and Fellow Advisor, 2008
- Oakland Teaching Fellows Oakland, CA
K-12, Related Professional Experiences
High School Courses Taught:
- Academic Lab (SPED)
- English 9 (online)
- English 12 (online)
- English 12 Honors (online)
- Gifted Education, Seminars and Internships (Service Learning)
- Gifted Education, Internships
- Gifted Education, Freshmen/Sophomore Advisory
- Language Arts, Literacy Seminar (remedial reading)
- Language Arts, World Literature
- Language Arts, Advanced Placement (AP) Language and Composition
- Mathematics, Self-Contained Pre-Algebra (SPED)
- Personal Finance (online)
- Personal Finance, Self-Contained (SPED)
- Media Literacy (online)
- Research and Scientific Writing (online)*
*Original course design
K-12 Titles Held:
- Division Chair for Gifted Education, 2011-2015
- Rock Bridge High School
- Columbia Public Schools, MO
- In addition to teaching responsibilities, I also coordinated an interdisciplinary internship program and served as the academic advisor to students pursuing elite colleges. Students I've advised attended prestigious higher education institutions including: Harvard, Brown, Princeton, Stanford, Washington University, and Columbia.
- Public Literacy Teacher, 2015-2016
- Missouri Scholars Academy
- University of Missouri--Columbia
- Volunteer Coordinator, 2012-2015
- Rock Bridge Reaches Out, Rock Bridge High School
- Columbia Public Schools, MO
- Language Arts Teacher, 2010-2012
- Rock Bridge High School
- Columbia Public Schools, MO
- High School Learning Specialist, 2009-2010
- Rock Bridge High School
- Columbia Public Schools, MO
- Special Education program founder and teacher leader, 2006-2009
- Early Elementary SPED Program at ASCEND K-8 School
- Oakland Unified School District, CA
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (Forthcoming, December 2018)Wholehearted Teaching of Gifted Young Women: Cultivating Courage, Connection, and Self-Care in Schools, Prufrock Press, Waco, TX.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (March 2018) School as a Community Project, Principal Leadership. Reston, VA
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2017) Three Reasons to Plan an Advocacy Field Trip, In J. Danielan’s Teaching Gifted Children: Success Strategies for Teaching High-Ability Learners (Chapter 3) Prufrock Press, Waco, TX.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (March 2017) The Most Important Word in School Leadership, Principal Leadership. Reston, VA
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (March 2017) A Call to Praxis: Using Gendered Organizational Theory to Center Radical Hope in Schools. The Journal of Organizational Theory in Education.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (September 2016) Ethical Opportunities for Decision Making, Core Values in School Leadership.Principal Leadership.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (May 2016) Forgiveness, A Cheat Code for Leadership, New York Academy of Public Education Professional Journal.
- Crawford, E.R., & Fishman-Weaver, K. (April 2015). Proximity and Policy: Negotiating safe spaces between immigration policy and school practice. International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2015) Gifted Education as Safe Space: An Equal Opportunity Model, American Journal of Education Forum
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2015) Three Reasons to Plan an Advocacy Field Trip, Teaching for High Potential Quality Classroom Practice for High Ability Students Winter pp.10-12.
This article was picked up for re-publication in GAMbit, Gifted Association of Missouri Newsletter (Spring, 2015)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2014) The Continued Importance of High School Personnel's Support in the High School-to-College Transition, American Journal of Education Forum
This piece was picked up by the US Department of Education as recommend reading in their July 10, 2014 Teacher Edition newsletter.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2013) Learning across the continuum: Collaborative projects for Gifted Education and Special Education Classrooms, American Journal of Education Forum
- Fishman-Weaver, K. Passing Notes in Class: Using note writing to promote compassionate student relationships, July 2013 in the American Journal of Education Forum
This piece was picked up by the US Department of Education as recommend reading in their April 2, 2015 Teacher Edition newsletter.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2014) Black School, White School: Racism and Educational (Mis) Leadership by Jeffrey Brooks, International Journal of Multicultural Education 16(1)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2015) Fire in the Ashes: Twenty Five Years Among the Poorest Children in America by Jonathan Kozol, Educational Studies
Refereed National Conference Proceedings
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2014) Reconceptualizing Motherhood, Poetry and Praxis within a Feminist Framework, "SEW@AESA--Re-conceptualizing Diversity: Engaging with Histories, Theories, Practices, and Discursive Strategies of/for Educating Women and Girls in Global Contexts" (Toronto: Society for Educating Women, 2014)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2014) Researcher as Artist; Artist as Researcher, GAMbit(Gifted Association of Missouri)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2014) Learning Across the Continuum: Collaborative Projects for Gifted Education and Special Education Classrooms, GAMbit(Gifted Association of Missouri)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2013) Community Service as a Teaching Method for the Secondary Gifted Classroom, GAMbit (Gifted Association of Missouri)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2013) The Overlooked Importance of a Peer Group: empowerment counseling for secondary gifted girls, GAMbit (Gifted Association of Missouri)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2013) Tiptoeing on the Precipice: College Counseling for Gifted Youth Pursuing Select Colleges, GAMbit (Gifted Association of Missouri)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2012) The f(be) Practicing Mindfulness in the Gifted Classroom, GAMbit (Gifted Association of Missouri)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2012) Games and Laughter in The Gifted Classroom the intersections of play and learning in secondary gifted programming, GAMbit (Gifted Association of Missouri)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2009) Sustenance in the Classroom: collecting recipes in a special education class in Oakland, CA, The Education Report, Katy Murphy's Blog on Oakland Schools
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2005) Preparing for Mars: Reflections on Nikki Giovanni, The Missouri Review Blog
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (November 2016) Praxis and Potential, A Co-Researcher’s Story: Considering Resistant Imaginaries in our Research Designs. National Women’s Studies Association Annual Conference. Montréal, Québec.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (November 2016) Storyteller as Student Activist: Student Researchers use Radio Storytelling to Spark Community Dialogue, American Educational Studies Association Meeting. Seattle, WA. (Reviewer's Choice)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (April 2016) Wholehearted Affective Education: Working with young women in the transition between high school and college. American Educational Research Association (AERA) Washington D.C.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (November 12, 2015) Praxis & Potential, Practitioner Projects in PK-12 Schools: Engaging in Participatory Action Research with Students Communities, A Workshop. American Educational Studies Association. San Antonio, Texas
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (October 23, 2015) Compassionate College Counseling. Gifted Association of Missouri Conference (GAM). University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (February 28, 2015) A Masked Affective Crisis: High Achieving High School Girls in the High School to College Transition Women and Gender Studies Conference, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. with high school student researchers, Kristine Cho, Jenna Liu, Kat Sarafianos, Rebecca Wells, and Michele Yang (February 13, 2015) The State of Feminism: Public High School Case Study, Women and Gender Studies Symposium, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (February 6th, 2015) Empowerment Counseling: Addressing the Affective Needs of Gifted High School Girls. Institute for the Development of Gifted Education, University of Denver. Denver, CO.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (author and symposium chair), Douglas, T (discussant), Aguayo, D, Kateman, M, Kyrooe, J, and Won, S Convergent Storytelling: Constructing Collaborative Racial Autobiographies to Interrogate Multi-Narratives in Educational Leadership, American Educational Studies Association Annual Meeting and The International Association of Intercultural Initiatives Conference, Toronto, Canada, October 29-Nov 2, 2014
- Fishman-Weaver, K (November 1, 2014) Reconceptualizing Motherhood, Poetry and Praxis within a Feminist Framework at Society for Educating Women - Re-conceptualizing Diversity: Engaging with Histories, Theories, Practices, and Discursive Strategies of/for Educating Women and Girls in Global Contexts, Toronto, Canada.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (June 7, 2014) Bridging the Learning Continuum: Border Crossing Partnerships between Special Education and Gifted Education students. Emerging Scholars Symposium, Penn State Civil Rights Conference, State College, PA.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (March 8, 2014) Perspectives on the Precipice, A Youth Participatory Action Project, RCAF (MU Graduate Professional Council's Research and Creative Activities Forum), University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (March 8, 2014) Empowerment, Gifted Girls and Youth Participatory Action Research "Perspectives on the Precipice: Using the visual arts as a vehicle to story the lived experiences of five girls in their last semester of high school," with Sara Ashbaugh, Samantha Ding, Najeebah Hussain, Megan Kelly, and Joanna Zhang (High School Seniors at Rock Bridge High School) Panel at the Women and Gender Studies Conference, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
- Fishman-Weaver, K., Clifton, J., Van Horn, S., Wan, I. (October 11, 2013) Photovoice as Creative Methodology, Inspired! Creativity Teaching Workshop Panels and Poster Event, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (October 2013) Learning Across the Continuum: Collaborative Projects between Gifted Education and Special Education, GAMbit (Gifted Association of Missouri) Annual Conference, Drury University, Springfield, MO.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (October 2013) Empowerment Counseling: Support Practices for Our High Achieving High School Girls, GAM (Gifted Association of Missouri) Annual Conference, Drury University, Springfield, MO
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (July 2013) The Lived Experiences of PhD Students, A Photovoice Project, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO. (team PAR project with doctoral students in the college of education)
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (May 21, 2013) Student Voices for Teacher Development, Diversity Panel, Columbia Public Schools, Board of Education Room, Columbia, MO.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (March 16, 2013) Empowerment Counseling: Support Practices for Our High Achieving High School Girls, Research and Creative Arts Forum (RCAF) Graduate Conference, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (February 23, 2013) Empowerment Counseling: Support Practices for Our High Achieving High School Girls, Women and Gender Studies Graduate Conference, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2009) Tutoring as an Intervention for the Tutor, San Francisco State University Graduate Research Showcase, San Francisco, CA.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2008) Project Based Learning in Nonviolence: a Learning Expedition for First Grade Students, San Francisco University TEAMS (teacher education for the advancement of a multicultural society) showcase, San Francisco, CA.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2007, 2008) Speaker at the Oakland Teaching Fellows Opening Ceremonies, Oakland, CA.
- Fishman-Weaver, K. (2006) Speaker at the Oakland Teaching Fellows Closing Ceremonies, Oakland, CA.
- Editor and Co-Founder of To Be of Service a journal on culturally responsive teacher education authored by undergraduate students in the College of Education. 2018
- Judge for Rewriting Realities, Creative Arts Competition, University of Missouri Multicultural Center, spring 2016
- American Journal of Education (AJE) Forum, Public Relations Committee Chair and Social Media Manager 2013-2015
- Folio, literary arts magazine and publications, faculty sponsor for high school student publication 2011-2015
- Investigations, founder and editor for high school gifted education scholarly departmental journal, 2011-2015
- QuarterlEEE, the gifted education newsletter of departmental happenings, founder and editor, 2011-2015
- Graphic designer, course booklet and application materials for College for Kids (CK), 2012-present
- The Missouri Review, intern on the poetry editorial team, 2004-2005
- Guest Lecturer, Missouri Scholars Academy, 2018
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America, Eagle Scout and Gold Star Award Mentor (2013-2014)
- Missouri Scholars Selection Committee Training Facilitator, 2014-present
- Missouri Scholars Selection Committee, 2012-present
- Poetry Out Loud school coordinator, Rock Bridge High School, 2012-2015
- Professional Development Director, Cultivating a Sense of Home in our Classrooms, University of Missouri, College of Education, July 2018, Mizzou International Experience, Columbia, MO.
- Co-Director of the HSE-MK12 10th Annual High School Teaching and Learning Conference, Vitoria, ES (Brazil), December 2017, Conference theme: Global Professional Learning Communities
- Co-Director of the HSE-MK12 2nd Annual Middle School Global Leaders Teaching and Learning Conference, Vitoria, ES (Brazil), December 2017, Conference theme: A Big Dream in Education
- Co-Director HSE-MK12 6th Annual Coordinators’ Meetings, Sao Paulo, SP (Brazil), September 2017
- Professional Development Coordinator, Teaching and Leading for Courage, University of Missouri, College of Education, July 2017, Mizzou International Experience, Columbia, MO.
- Co-Director and Lead Emcee: HSE-MK12 9th Annual Teaching and Learning Conference for the High School Program, Best Practices in Co-Teach, VItoria, ES (Brazil), December 2016
- Co-Director HSE-MK12 Inaugural MSGL Conference Teaching Middle School Global Leaders VItoria, ES (Brazil), December 2016
- Women in Training for Science (WITS) In partnership with Gary Baker, PhD—award winning chemistry professor at MU—we launched an outreach program to attract and support talented female students from the high school to graduate school level. Through WITS we engage young women in seminars, laboratory experiences, supervised training, and internships in order to promote a lifelong interest in science and science careers. 2013-2015
- Faculty Sponsor and Opening Speaker for The F-Word, Feminist Youth Conference, April 10, 2015, Rock Bridge High School, Columbia, MO
- Organized and moderated a special event in the College of Education (University of Missouri) Navigating the Academic Conference Scene, A Panel for Graduate Students, March 30, 2014
- Organizing committee and high school luncheon leader for Gift(ed): District G's Annual Gifted Education Day for Students and Families (Hallsville, MO) January 25th, 2014
- Organizing committee, proposal reader, and graphic designer for the Spring 2014 Women's and Gender Studies Graduate Student Conference (University of Missouri) Conference date: March 8, 2014
- Cultivating a Classroom Culture that Supports Powerful Student-Teacher Relationships, K-12, guest lecturer in Tony Castro’s (PhD) college of education course, University of Missouri November 19th, 2013 and April 30th, 2014
- Founder and event organizer for an annual health and wellness retreat for high school sophomores in the gifted or advanced placement program 2011-present
- Facilitated workshops on standards based lesson planning, working with instructional assistants, reading strategies, and financial planning for Oakland Teaching Fellows, Summer 2008
- Student volunteer corps coordinator (RBRO) at Rock Bridge High School, Connect and supervise 300-500 high school students annually at volunteer sites throughout the community, 2011-present
- Volunteer, Cedar Creek Therapeutic Riding Center (for children and adults with disabilities) Summer 2013
- Faculty sponsor for high school Global Issues club, 2010-2011
- Secondary Superintendent Advisory Council, Columbia Public Schools, 2012-2014
- Educational consultant for LEE Expressive Arts Elementary School: Provided outside PR coaching to the LEE administration through the process of becoming an autonomous school, 2012-2013
- IEP chair role model, a template I designed for chairing IEPs was borrowed by the central office for difficult IEP meetings at the district level, 2010-2011
- District committee to create a more rigorous intermediate secondary math curriculum for high school students in special education, 2010-2011
- Served on a work committee and facilitated a two session professional development on supporting accelerated students in the high school classroom, Rock Bridge High School, Spring 2011
Membership in Professional Organizations
- MASSP (Missouri Association of Secondary School Principals)
- Member 2016- present
- NASSP(National Association of Secondary School Principals)
- Member 2016- present
- AREA (American Educational Research Association) Member 2014- present
- Divisions: Social Context of Education and Teaching and Teacher Education
Special Interest groups: Learning and Teaching in Educational Leadership and Research on Women and Education
- AESA (American Educational Studies Association) Member 2014- present
- Author, Chair, and Presenter
- SEW (Society for Educating Women) Member 2014-present
- Author, Presenter
- GAM (Gifted Association of Missouri) Member 2011- present
- Author, Presenter, Organizer
- MU Online High School to Graduate National, International Students (May 24, 2018) The Missourian, Katherine Stater
- An Open Letter on the Importance of Student Leadership (January 4, 2018) The Missourian, Kathryn Fishman-Weaver
- Mizzou International Experience introduces students to careers and cultures (July 29, 2016) The Missourian, M.P. White
- Making Waves (December 2016) Undergraduate Studies
- Entrevista Exclusiva: Por Que Fazer Middle School?(October 2016) Colégio Magno
- International high school students explore careers in MU program (July 28, 2016) The Columbia Tribune, Roger McKinney
- MU high school 'flies in the face' of online education (June 12, 2016) The Missourian, Anna Sutterer
- Global graduates set to travel for university high school graduation (June 3, 2016) The Columbia Tribune, Roger McKinney
- The Expansive Properties of Home. (January 19, 2016) The Missourian. Kathryn Fishman-Weaver
- Rock Bridge senior earns presidential accolades. (May 15, 2015) The Columbia Tribune, Roger McKinney
- Teacher Talk: Kathryn Fishman-Weaver says teaching isn't a profession, but a lifestyle. (April 19, 2015) The Missourian. Kathryn Fishman-Weaver
- Rock Bridge Students Participate in This I Believe (December 2014) KBIA, Mid-Missouri Public Radio, Abigail Keel
- Rock Bridge Student Named 2014 Presidential Scholar (Summer 2014) In Changing and Growing for a Better Tomorrow: 2014 Yearbook, Columbia Public Schools
- Literary reviews showcase high school talents in words, images, The Missourian, May 21st, 2014, Casey Neighbor
- Rock Bridge High School senior gets Presidental Scholar, Columbia Tribune, May 12th, 2014, Catherine Martin
- Rock Bridge High School and MU College of Business join in Women’s Leadership Day, Columbia Business Times, March 19th, 2014, Kaylie Denenberg
- Organizers of daylong event hope to inspire future female leaders, Columbia Tribune, March 4th, 2014, Catherine Martin
- Three Columbia Teens Part of Poetry Out Loud, Columbia Missourian, February 17th, 2014, Kylee Greg
- Rock Bridge Senior Aces SAT, ACT Tests, October 3rd, 2013, Catherine Martin
- Rock Bridge High senior earns perfect score on ACT, Columbia Tribune, September 8th, 2013, Catherine Martin
- Student Share Work at District Showcase: Research Gets Highlighted for the First Time, Columbia Tribune, April 4th, 2013, Catherine Martin
- Rock Bridge Students Ace College Admissions Tests, Two Teens Credit School Support, Columbia Tribune, December 29th, 2012, Catherine Martin
- Teen Helps Spread Holiday Joy to the Elderly: Teen Helps Add Joy for Elderly Residents, Columbia Tribune December 24th, 2012, Catherine Martin
- Community Organizer Brings her Volunteer Spirit Back to Rock Bridge High School, Columbia Missourian, October 2nd, 2012, Chelsea Beniger
- Rock Bridge Students Describe Research in Magazine: Research Takes Center Stage, Columbia Tribune May 23rd, 2012, Janese Silvey
- Rock Bridge Showcases Indian Culture at Fundraiser, Missourian Neighborhood News, April 16th, 2010, Christiana Neilson
- Teens Pen Deep Thoughts: This I Believe Essays Fill Book, Columbia Tribune October 15th, 2010, Catherine Martin
- Writing the Book on Finance: Students Sell Guidance for and by Teens, Columbia Tribune November 24th, 2009, Jonathon Braden
K-12 Educator/Administrator Certifications
- September 2017: Awarded an Initial Admin Certificate Principal Grades 7-12 for the state of Missouri
- September 2017: Awarded an Initial Admin Certificate Principal Grades K-8 for the state of Missouri
- June 2013: Awarded Career Continuous Professional Certifications (tenured) in K-12 Mild-Moderate Cross Categorical, K-12 Gifted Education, and Secondary Language Arts for the state of Missouri
- December 2010: Awarded an Initial PC Missouri Teaching Credential in K-12 Gifted Education (Coursework GPA: 4.0)
- June 2010: Successful Completion of Training in AP English Language and Composition (Southeast Missouri State)
- April 2010: Awarded an Initial PC Missouri Teaching Credential in Secondary English Language Arts
- Spring 2010: Completed the Columbia Public School's (MO) Online Facilitation Course
- June 2009: Awarded a Cross Categorical Initial PC Missouri Teaching Credential K-12
- December 2008: Completion of California Level I teaching credential in instruction for students with mild-moderate disabilities K-12.
- August 2006: December 2008: San Francisco State University's Special Education Credential (Coursework GPA: 4.0)